Come & Play in the Sandbox!
Sandbox Media is located in Toronto, ON Canada. Our mission is to help get businesses leads by helping them strategically plan, design effective go-to-market strategies, and execute their business plans. Sandbox specializes in the development of commercial websites, e-commerce solutions, search-engine-optimization and helping businesses maximize the potential of their internet marketing strategy.
At Sandbox Media, we work with businesses and organizations who are seeking to increase the amount of leads their websites can generate. Learn more on how you can become a member of a winning team, and help businesses Win on the Web!
See our current openings below.
Intermediate Web Developer
Sandbox Media is looking to add another enthusiastic and experienced Intermediate Web Developer on our development team. The successful applicant will work full-time out of our downtown office during our regular hours. Opportunity to work remotely after probation. Attention to detail, best practices, and working with a team to meet deadlines are critical parts of the job.
2+ years of experience as a web developer in a professional setting (in-house, agency, or freelance) are a must. The successful applicant has created custom themes and plugins for WordPress, and is keen to build on those skills.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Design responsive/adaptive websites and landing pages
- Update and improve existing websites
- On call tech support
- 2+ years of experience as a web developer
Qualifications and Skills
- WordPress custom theming and plugin experience
- Ability to produce clean, well-documented code
- Expert in PHP, CSS and HTML
- Advanced front-end web development
- Ability to troubleshoot and debug website issues
- Create responsive/adaptive web designs with excellent UX.
- Experience working in Photoshop and Sketch
- Basic knowledge of image authoring tools, to be able to crop, resize, or perform small adjustments on an image. Familiarity with tools such as as Gimp or Photoshop is a plus.
- A high awareness of the latest UX and design trends and requirements for all current and emerging formats of digital UX design
- Experience with pixel tracking, Google analytics, split testing and perhaps heat-mapping, all in an effort to improve UX and visitor outcomes is a must.
- Experience designing and coding HTML newsletters. Preferably using Mailchimp and Constant Contact
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment, help shape and improve our internal systems and process, and provide creative solutions
- Strong organizational skills to manage multiple tasks within the constraints of timelines and exceptional attention to detail
Assets We Would Like to See
- Knowledge of SEO best practices
- Have fun!
- Must be available for minimum 30 hours a week
- Must sign confidentiality agreement
- Must sign non-compete agreement
Job Type: Full-time